Want to View My Professional Portfolio? Click Below!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Making Connections With Australia!!!

This morning I came upon a website of a man who is a Physical Educator in Victoria, Australia!
His name is Jarrod Robinson and runs the website 
With over 120,000 blog hits from around the world and 
nomination for the first runner up for the 2010 EDUBLOG Awards,
I couldn't think of anyone better to get in touch with to expand my connections! 

I emailed Jarrod and explained how intrigued I was by his blog and how he uses modern technology to engage his students and make Physical Education even more enjoyable! I explained where I went to school and he had nothing but praise about our program here at SUNY Cortland. This afternoon he emailed me back and he even looked at my blog and gave me some positive feedback which was great! He gave suggestions about the abroad program in Australia. In later discussions he informed me to email him if I ever do partake in the abroad program and he would be glad to give me advice and suggestions. It was great to connect to someone across the world about a similar interest that we are both passionate about! I'm sure I'll be in touch with Mr. Robbo in the future! Take a look at his website!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, look forward to following your blogging journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jarrod for catching up with Steph and for the words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete